There’s a myth out there that women lose all sexual desire during menopause. While hormonal shifts can cause a decrease in sexual desire in some women, it’s not the case for every woman. Some women find that Hormone Replacement Therapy helps restore their sex drive; others find that alleviating menopausal symptoms such as vaginal dryness by choosing the right lubricant brings the desire back.
But if you still need a little convincing, here are the 5 reasons why sex during and after menopause rocks:
1. Less chance of interruptions – By the time most women hit menopause, the kids are older and either don’t live at home anymore or can be sent out of the house for the evening so you can plan some quality time with your partner.
2. You know what you like – Young love can be tricky, with both partners stumbling and fumbling trying to figure out what works. But midlife brings experience and understanding of what your body wants, which can translate to a better experience in the bedroom.
3. Financial security – One of the benefits of midlife is the return of disposable income and the ability to spend it on a piece of lingerie or a plate of oysters without feeling guilty that you're spending the diaper money.
4. Your stress level is lower –You’ve got job security, the kids are more independent, you’ve settled into a predictable household routine, the chance of accidental pregnancy is low (but not zero!) – all of these factors can help you feel more relaxed and find your groove more easily.
5. You have a dependable partner, or a new one – Whether you’re in a comfortable long term relationship and with years of familiarity with each other's bodies, or you’re in a budding relationship with all the romance and excitement, the menopause years can provide a partner dynamic that is conducive to great sex.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons that menopausal sex can be just as good - if not better than - pre-menopausal sex. Don't believe the myth that menopause is the end of your sex life. In fact it can be a great new beginning!
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »