Viewing 1 to 7 (7 Total)
Natural remedies vs. prescription

darlenem

Total Posts: 1

Hi ladies,
Has anyone actually tried natural remedies for menopause symptoms with any success?
I'd like to go homeopathic if possible but I've not heard any great success stories.
Thank you!

Darlene. smiling

Tags:
Posted on October 9, 2015 at 1:51 PM

|

CanuckLynda

CanuckLynda
Total Posts: 3

Re: Natural remedies vs. prescription

I haven't tried any yet but all the ladies where i volunteer are talking about chasteberry- its supposed to help with breast pain, mood swings, hot flashes etc. Luckily my symptoms haven't been to bad yet- just a couple hot flashes here and there. I definitly would rather use natural remedies tho.

Posted on October 9, 2015 at 3:06 PM

|

JVO

Total Posts: 2

Hi I've tried a variety of different things, but sadly none seem to do much so far...

Posted on October 20, 2015 at 9:17 AM

|

LittleMissMenopause

LittleMissMenopause
Total Posts: 4

I actually have had huge success with something called DIM! It stands for a much longer name which I can't recall now (okay so it hasn't exactly helped brain fog!) but it's an estrogen metabolizer and I have always been told a lot of my issues (heavy cycles, breast tenderness, thickened endometrial lining, weight gain, and cystic acne are because I am estrogen dominant. All the above were alleviated!

Posted on November 6, 2015 at 10:33 AM

|

Marilyn

Total Posts: 1

DIM (Di-Indoly Methane) For Natural Protection
from Estrogen's Effects

Thanks for the info... Need to look into this,

Posted on November 11, 2015 at 11:28 PM

|

DrSherry

DrSherry
Total Posts: 6

Non-hormonal options include behavioral modifications in clothing and diet, avoiding tobacco, alcohol, caffeine and spicy foods. Acupuncture, yoga, exercise, mindfulness, regular exercise, eating a well-balanced diet and getting 6-8 hours of sleep each night are other solutions for mild symptoms.

Herbal remedies and other traditional Chinese medicine can also be explored.
The more common ones include soy, black cohosh, and other phyto-estrogens, including red clover which is used to treat vasomotor symptoms including hot flashes. You may not like to hear this but in clinical trials these herbal remedies were not found to be more effective than placebo’s. However, we know the power of the placebo effect, so for mild symptoms, women do find some relief of mild symptoms associated with menopause.

Posted on November 23, 2015 at 1:48 AM

|

DrMickey

DrMickey
Total Posts: 2

I agree with DrSherry info on the non-hormonal options, herbal remedies, and the placebo effect. However, I do believe that its effect on the frequency and severity of the symptoms vary from one woman to another. We must add to the discussion the use of bio-identical hormone therapy vs. HRT as an option.

I have been asked about the safety of bio-identical hormone therapy countless times. Ever since the 2002 WHI study found that women who take HRT have a higher risk of breast cancer, heart disease and stroke, women have been seeking alternative treatments and remedies to relieve their menopause symptoms. (see attached)

Posted on December 3, 2015 at 1:33 PM

|

Close it survey